In working with Healthcare Facilities, Clinics, and Medical Office Buildings, we have seen what draws the attention of patients, visitors, and healthcare providers. So we developed our Top Five List of quick and easy improvements.
- Painting: One of the easiest and cheapest ways to improve the overall look is painting. Just by changing colors will breathe new life into any facility. Sherwin Williams also just came out with a Microbicidal Paint that can add an additional layer of protection in a clinic.
- Caulking: This is one of the most overlooked areas. Many people do not realize that bacterial, mold, and mildew can grow in between backsplashes, countertops, walls, and walls. When a health inspector comes through they are always looking for anyways that can spread diseases such as Hepatitis in the small nooks and crannies.
- Flooring: The floor is the most abused, damaged, trafficked area of any facility. An Amazing Facility is cleaned daily. Any patient should look out for worn out carpet, dirt between VCT Tiles, and filthy Cove Base. If any of these are showing major signs of dirt, it is a big red flag that the facility is not being well cleaned or maintained.
- Cabinets: Cabinets take so much abuse on a daily basis that they are easily overlooked for repairs. Some are as simple as a hinge or grabs; while others have water damage, or even need just a simple coat of paint. Cabinets house all of the materials used to provide medicinal support on patients.
- Damaged Areas: If any Medical Facility is showing signs of damage, such as nicks on walls, flooring, or other areas bring it to the facilities attention. These are not just limited to the walls, flooring, cabinets, or ceilings. It could be anywhere such as a bathroom or waiting room. These areas breed bacteria if not repaired.
Below are a few pictures of what to look at in Your Healthcare Facility!